Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kubota time...This weekend at Trout Camp

This Sunday, directly following my shift at work, I will be traveling out to Trout Camp with my buddy's Kubota tractor.  Equipped with a backhoe and bucket, I intend on taking a big leap forward on the "to do" list.StumpsOur land is nice, but has a couple annoying problems.  In 1985 a F5 tornado blew threw the area and level many of the old trees. See the story here:  1985 F5 Tornado Information   Mother Nature always finds a way to bounce back and this was no exception, however, 7 years later...a careless fire became out of control and climbed from the bottom of the mountain and up to the summit.   It erased a good portion of the regrowth and forced nature to restart once again.  Fast forward to today...the area needs a good scouring of small tree stumps and 4-6" tall tree trunks that have remained from these two incidents.  The goal on this trip is to remove as many of these tripping hazards as possible over the course of a full day of work. Four areas require extra attention:  The 20X12' deck zone, the camper placement area, the parking area and the fire ring.  All of them need to be graded since they are on enough of a decline to cause issues with camp setup and comfort.

While I have the heavy machinery out there, I will also attemtpt to flatten some of the high spots along the access driveway. And, the remaining downed trees will be chained and towed to a staging area for splitting for firewood.

I'd like to thank several individuals that have helped us greatly with their contributions and generosity:

My Father, for use of his F250
My cousin Dave, for use of his HD Trailer
My Buddy Greg, for use of his tractor

Dj

No comments:

Post a Comment