Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's Campfire Time!

The trip into trout camp today was fruitful.  All but a few pieces of flagstone have been delivered and the tree stump / root pile has been cut down and separated.  In one pile, I have burnable sized stumps and in another will be the roots.  When complelety dry, they should work well for fire starting kindling.

This Saturday / Sunday, we'll organize the kindling into a neat pile and likely burn some of it!  And, we'll set out the flagstone to form a path from the steps of the firepit area up to the edge of the eventual deck and if there is enough left over...maybe even a path up to the door of where the camper will be positioned.  I discovered (which is obvious from the photos) that we're going to need a bunch more bricks, maybe even double the amount of what is there now to fill in the circle that was created.  I really want to be able to have 6-10 people sit around the ring and enjoy themselves without feeling like they are too close to the fire or too close to one another.  200 more bricks should cure that.  In the mean time, we'll have to make due with what we've got until I can score some more from the internet and haul them up!

Floatman is heading up in the morning and the family and I are heading in directly after work let's me go.  We're dragging the pop-up with us on its maiden voyage of 2010.  It looks like the weather is shaping up to be nice for us as well, but you know how that can change at the drop of a hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment