This past Sunday (02.20.2011) we (Wifey, Babe-ah and Grandma) spent the afternoon at TC. It was Grandma's first trip into camp and she had chosen to accompany us because we promised her a ride down to visit with Uncle Paul afterward. A detour that I had planned to do either way. I think she was excited to see camp as well? I took her for the "Grand Tour" and noted the property markers that cut out the square of Jim and I's little piece of PA Heaven. The woods sat wide open with every leaf of every tree fallen to the ground or buried under ice covered snow, so getting a glimpse of the true lay of the land was hardly a problem. It was quite a stark contrast compared to spring/summer where it is impossible to see more than a few feet into the bush due to the obstructed views caused by healthy greenery. Just like we like it! There's nothing like pulling in and tucking away from it all! I can't wait to this spring and another year of adventures.
The late morning / early afternoon was clear and calm and completely different from the snow storm we were forced to drive home through. It was the worst driving conditions that I have ever experience. I'm glad it is over and we made it home safely because it was certainly precarious and frightening at a few points along the trek. All in all, we logged in just about 10 hours of driving and when my head finally hit the pillow...I was out!
To get the point, finally, the reason for the trip up was to mark off the border of where the dozer will do its thing. I made and editted a video detailing the border between the eventual work area and the woods that will remain. I still need to get the OK from Jim, but this is what I had in mind.
Enjoy it!
The late morning / early afternoon was clear and calm and completely different from the snow storm we were forced to drive home through. It was the worst driving conditions that I have ever experience. I'm glad it is over and we made it home safely because it was certainly precarious and frightening at a few points along the trek. All in all, we logged in just about 10 hours of driving and when my head finally hit the pillow...I was out!
To get the point, finally, the reason for the trip up was to mark off the border of where the dozer will do its thing. I made and editted a video detailing the border between the eventual work area and the woods that will remain. I still need to get the OK from Jim, but this is what I had in mind.
Enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment