Another Thursday spent in the rain at TC installing the loft's joist framing. The Thinker's Box now has an 11'8" X 13'4" second story "storage" area with one heck of a view. Two luxuries that I enjoyed this time around was a cold day, a steady cool breeze and working under the protective shield of a tarp for a roof.
The overall framing went up without much trouble. It took quite a bit of time because of the additional rigging needed to install the 2X8X12' lumber by myself. Once I figured out the methodology and implemented the steps, it was steady work.
Once the joists were in place, I thought it would be a good time to block between them. Instead of running one blocking row down the middle, I split the floor joist run into thirds and installed two rows. The result was a very stiff upper deck which will only become more solid once the 1/2 tongue and groove OSB is installed on the next trip.
Weather report: It rained from midnight through 8:45AM Thursday. Once the rain had passed, I was able to work in cloudy conditions that changed to partly sunny, breezy and quite cool. Because of the early morning rain, I decided not to purchase the OSB. I'll haul it up to camp on a day that is dry and I've got my fingers crossed that this may be next Thursday?!
I'll bring you up to day next week when I return!
Dj
Nice! Can I reserve a loft guest room? LOL!
ReplyDeleteSorry, Thinker's Box Camp Resort is booked through fall of 2012. Please check back for future availability!
ReplyDelete