Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fascia Boards Installed

Jennifer and I made the trip Saturday evening out to camp.  The kids had been dropped off at Grandma's house for the night because neither had expressed an interest to make the journey.  The mall seemed more desirable given that both had some spending money because of good grades.  Speaking of academics...My son hit the honor roll and my daughter impressed us with a 4.142 principle's list once again.  Needless to say, as parents, Jen and I are blessed to have both of them as children and are quite proud of their achievements thus far in their lives!  Ok, less bragging about the children and more about camp...because it was just the two of us, we opted to camp in the SUV on the level ground of the "lower level".  The misses was impressed with how far the "Thinker's Box" has progressed and had remarked that she had simply asked me to build a small place that the ladies could use the facilities in private and this is what she gets instead.  I say, "Don't sweat the small stuff, think big or don't bother thinking!"  She's correct, though...it is quite impressive.

Anyhoo...this trip was about spending time with the little lady (alone), Jen getting in some much needed camp time, star gazing, enjoyment of the quietness of camp and observance of nature and me getting a couple things done in the process.  Evening temperatures Saturday night dropped to 25 or so degrees F.  I encouraged the creation of a fire which warmed our front sides while we gazed up at the night sky.  We turned in around 11 and I was up at 7 to install the fascia boards which wasn't all that difficult to do.  In a few easy paced hours, they were up, the tarp was re-stapled into place and new plastic put on the south facing side of the roof peak.  At that point, sleepy-head awoke, I loaded up the trailer and Mountaineer and we headed into town to grab a bite to eat before returning home.

Look for another trout camp subscription email reminder, don't think that you were mistakenly sent two this week, as I will be posting another update of some additional work shortly.

Here's the video of camp and what was completed this trip.  We're getting closer to a finished structure and I cannot wait until we can use it for storage (LOL!).

1 comment: