It was decided that the family would head out early Sunday morning and spend the day at TC. The weather looked good, cold-but good! We pulled into the local diner and enjoyed breakfast around 11:00 and made it up to camp close to noon.
I believe the daytime temperatures were forecast to achieve 40 degrees, but I don't believe we made it past 35. The Sun was bright, although it slumbered through its winter path just above the tree line. I commented to my daughter that its position in the sky at 1:30 would have been 4:30 during the summer. It sat at least 3-4 fist widths lower in its orbit as well. The sun rays we did get, for some of us, was enough to keep us warm enough to enjoy ourselves.
I was able to take some very accurate measurements of the roof deck that'll be sent to the metal roofing manufacturer. I was also able to do some internal support fortifying inside the shed-mahal as well. Combined, they didn't take all that long (maybe a couple hours). I battened down the plastic exterior walls and installed some support boards in the middle of them to assist with wind whipping. Seems the staples aren't quite enough to hold the plastic on the 2X4's when the pressure inside changes during windy conditions and the staples keep pulling out.
The video that I've included shows what camp looks like as I take a tour of the perimeter of our property. I've done this once before (earlier in the year) but it is a huge difference without leaves and greenery to obstruct the camera view.
Enjoy. I did!
I believe the daytime temperatures were forecast to achieve 40 degrees, but I don't believe we made it past 35. The Sun was bright, although it slumbered through its winter path just above the tree line. I commented to my daughter that its position in the sky at 1:30 would have been 4:30 during the summer. It sat at least 3-4 fist widths lower in its orbit as well. The sun rays we did get, for some of us, was enough to keep us warm enough to enjoy ourselves.
I was able to take some very accurate measurements of the roof deck that'll be sent to the metal roofing manufacturer. I was also able to do some internal support fortifying inside the shed-mahal as well. Combined, they didn't take all that long (maybe a couple hours). I battened down the plastic exterior walls and installed some support boards in the middle of them to assist with wind whipping. Seems the staples aren't quite enough to hold the plastic on the 2X4's when the pressure inside changes during windy conditions and the staples keep pulling out.
The video that I've included shows what camp looks like as I take a tour of the perimeter of our property. I've done this once before (earlier in the year) but it is a huge difference without leaves and greenery to obstruct the camera view.
Enjoy. I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment