The wife and I traveled out to camp this past Wednesday and while she dozed off on the deck, I installed the foundation to the entrance ramp / deck extension on the Shed Mahal. The wheel barrow made easy work of transporting the 18 bags of quickcrete to holes needing to be filled. I parked on gravel of our drive into camp and let the hill propel me down through the woods to the area. Much easier than pushing 180#'s (X9) up hill or even sideways across our gradients! Water was provided via our neighbor's containers and the spring at the base of the mountain. I needed just 5 of the 9 jugs to complete the task, which I believe works out to 35 gallons of water. You become quite aware of your water usage when absent of the convenience of a water faucet! The day wasn't all work, I was able to spend some quality time with the wife as we hit both T&K Dinor and Texas Roadhouse for our meals. It was nice to see her and it was even better to see her enjoy the quiet and relaxing ambiance of Trout Camp.
Jim and I are headed back up this Saturday evening to hopefully take care of some framing, a few more bags of quickcrete and some painting. Installing the subframe (beams and joists) won't be all that difficult with the bulk of the time being spent measuring and cutting so that the deck boards that will make the floor will cover with minimal overhang or underhang. All the necessary hardware and lumber is already up at camp waiting to be used. For the painting, we've got two more walls that need a first coat. Once we get this finished, it'll be time to trim the entire structure out. Woo Hoo!
Until next time...
Jim and I are headed back up this Saturday evening to hopefully take care of some framing, a few more bags of quickcrete and some painting. Installing the subframe (beams and joists) won't be all that difficult with the bulk of the time being spent measuring and cutting so that the deck boards that will make the floor will cover with minimal overhang or underhang. All the necessary hardware and lumber is already up at camp waiting to be used. For the painting, we've got two more walls that need a first coat. Once we get this finished, it'll be time to trim the entire structure out. Woo Hoo!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment