Monday, April 23, 2012

Eave, Rake and Corner Trim Installed & Painted!

I followed my usual timeline Saturday evening and left shortly after work with the Mountaineer fully loaded with tools and the hitch hauler towing Adam's generator.  In 2.25 hours I was at camp dropping off the generator and heading back down the mountain toward the not-so-local tavern for prime rib.  I enjoy the fact that I can call ahead, place an order after the kitchen is closed, waltz in, grab a seat the bar and not have to say another word.  And in matter of minutes, I'm swigging an ice cold yuengling, munching on a salad and sour dough bread and preparing to devour an awesome slab of prime rib.  The meal was fantastic as usual.  Once I was done, I was done...  Fast forward to camp and the perfect temperature to take a long snooze.  At 11PM, I was out.  At 7:00AM, I was up and ready for breakfast, more specifically----COFFEE!  By 8AM, I was busy working on the Shed Mahal.  I worked all day, endlessly, without much a break.  Mother Nature was kind and held off rain until I was done for the day and everything was packed away.  I did experience a few minutes of light drizzle / cloud misting and for a second I could swear it even started to snow a little...but the major stuff held off until after I left.  With 6 inches of snow predicted to fall, I'm sure the weather isn't so kind @ camp right now!

Enjoy the detailed video of my labors:
What's next?

  • Window Installation
  • Caulk Seams
  • Second Coat of Paint
  • Paint Underside of Shed
  • Aluminum Fascia Cladding Around Roof Perimeter
  • Clear a Path to the Ramp
  • Expand the Fire Pit Brick Patio

This Fall:

  • Install Wood Flooring
  • Solar Lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment