Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Time Flies...

     It is difficult to believe that it has been over a year since my last post.  So much to condense into one post; where do I begin?


      Our flock of 5 New Hampshire hens has been expanded to 15 (14 hens, one suspected rooster).  We've now got an assortment of from around the globe including barred rocks, black australorps, and americanas.  Two of the Americanas, known by many names auracanas / easter eggers, are now laying blue eggs.  I'm hoping the other two might lay some green / jade colored ones.  The barred rocks and australorps will lay big brown eggs eventually, likely within the next couple weeks.

  The now expanded, upgraded and enlarged Chicken Coop Mahal 2.0 now
features two automatic doors, huge lower run and a chicken walk to the free range plaza.  Since the birds are all on the same food now, the addition has been opened completely and the birds can explore both sides as they please.  Once everyone gets in the laying mode, we'll have between 80-100 eggs a week.  When that happens, I'll start selling them locally for $3/dozen.  I figure in about 1500 dozen, we'll pay off the coop investment!  DOUGH!

Rod building has been been quite busy, here's a few that have left since the beginning of the year:

A four piece skagit spey that now fishes Ontario's steelhead waters.











Then there's a fly blank (black with silver glitter) converted over to a multi-piece pack rod headed to Indiana waters in search of Skamania steelhead.


 
The dust clouds at camp have settled as all of the major build projects have been completed.  The Shed Mahal is serving our families and visiting guests well and as it was intended.  And, as a consequence of convenience, we can now cruise into camp, spend 30 minutes setting up and then sit down, relax and enjoy.  Even, believe it or not, the last two visits have actually involved fishing!  We've got another trip planned later this month where the fishing crew, Floatman, Packmule and Dj will assemble and hit several local streams.  I'll take photos with the camera and not my phone this time so that I can upload them to the blog for your viewing pleasure.  That's all for now!  Post coming at the end of the month with plenty of pictures, I promise!






No comments:

Post a Comment