Jim and I ventured up to camp this past Friday evening. We arrived there early enough to unload a couple hand-me-over tables and the custom storage cabinet I built at work. The snow was a few inches deep and because of the melt off, slushiness and mud underneath I parked in the high end of camp and didn't attempt pulling up directly in front of the camper. Its on the low side of the mountain and the ground tends to want to swallow up tires in a tan/orange slurry of clay muck. We didn't want to get stuck! Been there, done that!
The new cabinet was a definite improvement offering better organization, more storage capacity and because of the way I offset the bottom, more leg room for whoever sleeps on the bed it sits beside.
After things were unloaded, Jim and I headed to a local pub a short drive over into a neighboring town and I was treated to a very nice fish dinner. As you can see from the photo, it was more than just a few beer battered walleye strips, but also had shrimp, mini freshwater lobster tails and home made 7 cheese macaroni. It was scrumptious! Thanks Jim!
When we returned to camp, Jim made an excellent fire with the old storage unit from the camper as the base for the logs. As it burned down, so did our energy levels. We headed to sleep stuffed and exhausted...even slept in until 9AM the next morning!




No comments:
Post a Comment