Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tonight is the night!

     My hard work has paid off and as of now the Banner camper sits patiently in the driveway completed and waiting for the robust pulling power of my cousin Dave's 4X4 Ford Dually.  I go on holiday beginning this evening at 6pm and by 7pm (I hope) we'll be on our way to camp.  We're going to take the long way that will wind us along rural roads that have more manageable speed limits and reduced traffic congestion (except for rodent deer).  I'll attempt to capture our departure and arrival on the DV camera for you guys.

  I made the decision to lower the level of travel risk, get legal and purchase a license plate.  When Jennifer and I first brought the camper home in August of 2010, I transferred the title, but left it remain stored in the backyard without being plated.  That decision actually worked to our benefit as I didn't get nailed with a $20 late renewal fee and I was able to purchase the plate a couple days ago with a healthy "pro rating" which they stopped doing years ago when the $20 fine was implemented!  Now that the camper is equipped with newer tires, new tail lights, new trailer chains, a new plate and is being hauled by a massive truck...I'm quite a bit less nervous about the haul! I do have a small amount of anxiety surrounding the final leg of the journey that involves the bends and humps in the gravel driveway at camp, but I'm hoping and praying that things go well.  Wish us luck!

Tonight, the forecast for star gazing skies is good.  I'd say that catching a glimpse of what little we can see of the universe under the dark skies of  camp ranks pretty high on my list of cool things to do.  I can't wait to have an ice cold Yuengling in hand, ears filled with silence and the sparkle of G_d's creation in my eyes.

Dj





No comments:

Post a Comment