Thursday, June 28, 2012

Two days @ camp...

The drop down list of chores completed:
  • Installed / tested the super bright LED lighting in the camper
  • Copied the camper keys (a set for Floatman)
  • Camper awning mocked up and ready to be permanently installed
  • Nailed T1-11 to stud framing 
  • Installed (2) windows into the 1st floor of the "Shed Mahal"
  • Caulked seams and gaps in the exterior of the shed
  • Third coat of paint applied to the exterior of the shed
  • Installed inside locking slide latch on roll door
  • Shop vac'ed entire shed
  • Purchased PA's "sportsman" CC permit
  • Delivered a water sample of a newly found spring for quality testing
I did a little math after filming and figured I would share the results.

The super bright LEDs in "warm white" that I purchased from Super Bright LED consume only 15mAh. Running (4) of these would virtually allow 27 days of light on a standard car battery.  With the group 29M Marine/RV deep cycle battery that I've purchased the reserve power is about 4 times that of a 40AH car battery! Eventually, I'll get around to wiring several of these in the loft, first floor and maybe even one to the exterior above the roll door of the Shed Mahal.  To truly appreciate how little energy these use, the 4 fixtures of fluorescent lights consume a total of 5 amps!  Hogs in comparison!  




I'm heading back out this weekend to do a few more things:

  • Expand the firepit brick patio area
  • Smooth the pathway to the ramp entrance of the shed
  • Remove the stump tripping hazard near the steps of the shed
  • Install 12v cigarette outlets
  • Staple screen to inside of the new shed window
  • Weed wack
  • Delivery BBQ grill

Enjoy the video!




No comments:

Post a Comment