Waiting on the transfer of monies and official documentation seemed to take as long as old man's winter grip to release its hold on the weather. After what seemed like an eternity, all the moons aligned and Dj and I got to finally hit the road this past weekend to step onto our piece of Heaven as the proud new owners of our Moutain property. After many weeks of staring at topo and sattelite maps and thinking about the lay of the land we got to walk the property lines, revisit the boundary stakes and begin to discuss our ideas for access into and onto the camp area. During our walking of the entire area, we found several well used deer trails throughout the property. Looks like were going to be sharing the area with plenty of wildlife !
I took some time to stand where we agreed to put our camp area and pondered the wonder of it all......my mind raced with all the possibilities that we will face on this great new adventure. I'm sure neither of us can fully grasp the endless possibilities that we will enjoy.
Speaking for myself, at this moment, I'd like to share that I have been blessed with the opportunity to fish PA for nearly 30 years. For approximately 25 of those years, I have had the dream to own some terra firma in this awesome state, to have a base camp to drive into and spend some more time exploring the fishing opportunities that this beautiful state has to offer. I was not sure that my dream would ever happen, especially after having some previous deals fall thru over the past couple decades.
Well, as you are now reading this blog, you now know that Dj and I formed a strong friendship that helped to lead into making this a reality. I'm still kind of pinching myself, but realize that the time is here to live and share the dream.....WOW.....Amazing !
I look forward to sharing this experience with Dj and his family as well as my own.
Dj, on the first campout at Dajtcha........the first celebratory cocktail is on me !!!
More to come, yep, much more to come...................
- Floatman
No comments:
Post a Comment