Monday, March 1st marked the day that all the necessary paperwork was completed and mailed to the State of Pennsylvania for closing by the closing attorney and as a thank you from the county, we received our first tax bill! I'm not sure that this is worth celebrating, but it does signify that Floatman and I are now the responsible parties.
With warmer temperatures slowly making their way into the forecast over the next couple weeks, the weather is starting to look more promising. A consequence of a somewhat remote mountain top retreat is the fact that weather affects the logistics of navigation in and out of it. The current snow pack of nearly 2 feet, maybe more, has got to melt before even a 4X4 can safely make it in. Needless to say, Mother Nature has some thawing to accomplish. Until then, the drive up the country road and certainly through the woods onto the property is inadvisable and risky. Floatman and I are keeping our fingers crossed in the hopes that the warmer temp.s combined with the possibilty of a few scattered showers are enough to melt it all away and allow us to visit again soon. I'm hoping for a trip out next Wednesday with the camera, the actual surveryor's map and flag tape to mark things.
The suspense of waiting is eating us alive and doing busy work as a distraction is getting old!
No comments:
Post a Comment